Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dear Megs,

For some reason I cannot get around to posting. You are putting me to shame.

First there was the Maine apple crisp with chèvre and black pepper ice cream that never got posted. That was pretty fab, if I do say so myself. Then, when you were here, there was the nutmeg and almond crusted pork roast with the pomegranate cream sauce. That was outrageous. We really outdid ourselves that time. Then, I made some autumny hint-o-pumpkin sugar cookies, which were very delicious. Instead of icing them with buttercream as usual, I used an eggnog glaze and sparkling sugar. Pretty. Then there was Thanksgiving! Alex and I got a local turkey this year. It was a whole different animal than the typical store turkey. I'm never going back. I also went on a pie rampage, and made the following: pumpkin, french apple, pecan, lemon meringue, and banana cream. The latter in particular was a stunning treat. Then, last weekend, I went on a holiday baking rampage and made 2 kinds of fudge, lemon-espresso shortbread, and more sugar cookies.

What's my new allergy to posting, then? TBD.

LOVES,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment