Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home stretch

Dear Megs,

I am in the home stretch. Still haven't baked anything, or anything, for ages. But a week from tomorrow I'll be ABD, if all goes well. I've written about 30 pages (2 essays) since Friday at 5, and I have to finish up the draft of essay 2 and then cut each essay down to 3000 words. Ach.

For tonight, though, I've been working almost 12 hours (weellllll, I showered and took the dog for a run etc etc), and even though it's only 9h30, I'M STOPPING. My writing is starting to seem jumbled to me now, and I guess it's best if I finish up this last essay in the morning.

Here's a quote from Goethe that my mom sent me today:

Whatever you can do, or think you can,

begin it.

Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

Yay!

She added the yay. I needed to hear it, though. Here's what I look like right now:


Love,

Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment