Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dear Linds,

Your cupcakes are beautiful!  I must apologize because I am unable to document my own culinary adventure (I'm borrowing J's computer and he restricted my access to iPhoto).  I was feeling a little sour this weekend, so I decided to make something that matched my mood - pickles!  I sifted through a handful of recipes, but had to make up my own because I'm too lazy to go out and buy ingredients not already in my cupboard.  

To make the pickles, I first washed and quartered one pound of kirby cucumbers.  I removed some of their excess moisture content by "sweating" them for about an hour.  I then boiled 1.5 cups white vinegar with 1T dill weed, 1T kosher salt, 1T black peppercorns, .5T mustard seed, and 4 cloves of garlic.  After about three minutes of simmering, I poured the mixture over the cucumbers and added half a cup of ice to help cool it down.

I'll let you know how they taste after a few days in the fridge.  

Loves!
Megs


No comments:

Post a Comment