Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dear Megs,

Tonight I used my crock pot for the first time! Bubby gave it to me a few years back, after I met Alex, when, having decided that since I'd caught myself a man I was now worthy of real womanhood, she started giving me all kinds of kitchen gifts. Crock pot, meat grinder (for good Jewish chopped liver), garlic press, etc. I am astonished by how easy and marvelous it was. I have never made a roast before, and now I shall never stop making them. Lovely. I took a picture but it sucked. I need a big light. Anyway, I made drop biscuits to go with the roast and Alex whipped up a gravy while I poured myself some wine and finished my chapter in Disruptive Acts: The New Woman in Fin-de-Siècle France, by Mary Louise Roberts. She's a great cultural historian, and her books are really interesting.

Speaking of astonished, I can't imagine how you have refrained from commenting on the SHOES.

Loves,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment